HKPilot Mega 2.7 Flight Controller USB-GYRO-ACC-MAG-BARO
he all new HK PilotMega 2.7 is a fresh look and a revamp of the popular APM based flight controller. Over the course of the ArduPilot project and development of the Open Source 2.5 platform, some known issues and ergonomic challenges have been noted. The goal of the HK PilotMega 2.7 was to fix and improve upon this great platform, giving back to the community a design that is improved and stable and yet reasonable priced, making this super powerful Flight controller a great fiscal option to the 32bit variants. There are 5 major improvement in the 2.7, and all need construction files are available under the files tab for the community to use.
HK PilotMega 2.7 Improvements:
1) 100uf cap in Vcc and 10uf tantalum capacitor added to stop 3.3v bad gyro health issues
2) Replacement of the (not used/redundant) 1.0mm 6p GPS port with df13-4P I2C external compass port, putting the GPS and external compass ports next to each other, making for easier connections.
3) Multifunction MUX port added in the old I2C port location, this lets users select an output from the bonding pad (Uart0, Uart2, I2C, OSD “default is OSD”. This new layout makes data transmission more stable with an isolation resistance.
4) 3.3V and 5V Dataflash/Flashrom swapped trace problem corrected to the AT45DB161.
5) External Compass enable/disable jumper added, verses having to cut a trace wire.
The HKPilot Mega 2.7 is based on the rapidly evolving and refined Ardupilot mega or “APM”, an open source project from 3DR robotics. This amazing flight controller allows the user to turn any fixed wing, rotary wing, or multi-rotor vehicle (even boats and cars) into a fully autonomous vehicle, capable of performing a wide range of tasks even programmed GPS missions with waypoints (with the optional GPS module).
Various user interfaces are available for programing, reviewing logs, even some Apps for smart phones and tablets. The optional telemetry radio allows for two way radio communication giving you full control and provides live data back to your computer or tablet. The list of what this flight controller is capable of has quickly been surpassed by what it cannot, with features, flight modes and supported platforms. The APM project is supported by thousands of users pushing this open source flight controller to be one of the best systems available.
• 3.3v issue of “bad Gyro heath” resolved in the 2.7
• Connectors relocated for better wire layout
• Mux Port added for OSD or selectable other outputs
• Dataflash swapped voltage lines fixed in the 2.7
• External compass Jumper added
• Arduino Compatible
• Pre-soldered and tested
• 3-axis gyro, accelerometer, magnetometer and high-performance barometer
• Built in 4 MP Dataflash chip for automatic data logging
• Honeywell HMC5883L-TR Digital compass
• Invensense’s 6 DoF Accelerometer/Gyro MPU-6000
• Measurement Specialties MS5611-01BA03 Barometric pressure sensor.
• Atmel ATMEGA2560 and ATMEGA32U-2 (processing and USB function).
• External compass support
• GPS input, I2C, Power module input
• Telemetry radio, OSD and airspeed sensor ports
Dimensions: 44x70x15mm (with case)
Weight: 32g (with case)
HKPilot Mega 2.7
Connection leads x 5
Case and 3M double sided tape
*Note: The reference to APM refers to the ArduPilot project, a family of open source autopilots based on the Arduino open source computing platform, developed by 3DR and the open source community. It consists of a choice of ArduPilot Mega (APM) electronics and a range of free software versions for different vehicles and is governed by an open source creative commons license. This product is based on the open source APM Project from 3D Robotics, the Cad files per the creative commons license is available under the files tab.