PILOT RC PITTS CHELLENGER 73" SCHEME NO 03
*****BACK ORDER BOOKING ONLY
*****TENTATIVE DATE OF ARRIVAL : 20TH APRIL 2022 (+/- 15days)
Pitts Challenger – 73″ – 1.85m (50-70cc)
Pilot-RC’s first ever biplane! And it could be no other than the classically beautiful Pitts Challenger.
Fear not about long setup times of traditional biplanes, Pilot-RC’s innovative and patented systems allow you to have the model completely put together in under 5 minutes, to then unleash the acrobatic monster that is our Pitts.
Model: Pitts Challenger
Wingspan: 73″ (1,856mm)
Length: 71″ (1,796mm)
Wing area: 1,717 “² (1,108 cm²)
Weight: 20.7lbs (9.4kg)
- SPECIAL NEW!Pilot-RC new and patented quick release system for fast wing mounting at the field.
- Special Pilot-RC no screw canopy. Quick release with new security latch design.
- Strong but light, precise and highly acrobatic
- Genuine German Oracover (Ultracote) covering
- Highly prefabricated, experienced builders can have air ready in under a day
- Pre-installed hinges (glued and pinned)
- Internally mounted cowling – so no external screws exposed
- Removable wings , wing stut and stabs.
- Laser engraved motor mounting position
- Complete air frame with all basic accessories (such as carbon fiber main undercarriage, tail-gear assembly and wing-tubes as well as fibreglass control horns and wheel pants)
- Pre-installed hinges and pre-mounted canopy
- Fuel tank and fuel tubing pre-prepared, fuel dot and breather valve
- Wheels, axels and wheel pants
- Pre-prepared pushrods with ball links
- Matching carbon spinner
Motor: 50-70cc (easily fits DLE60, DA70 and GP76 engines inside the cowl)
Servos: x7 high torque plus throttle // Uses x1 per aileron (total x4), x1 per elevator and x1 on rudder
Required extension wire lengths:
- x2 for bottom wing aileron servo: 12cm
- x2 for top wing aileron servo: 55cm (installed in bottom wing) + 46cm (installed in wing struts)
- x2 for the receiver to the the wing root, inside fuselage: 32cm
- x2 for elevator servo: 50cm
- x1 for throttle servo: 35cm
Also requires all the usual accessories such as transmitter, receiver, batteries, powerbox and possibly other small accessories…
Pilot-RC wing bags. Optional extra, not included in the kit.
PILOT-RC RECCOMENDED HARDWARE
Servos:Pilot-Rc PW27AH (27Kg – 0,119s at 8,4v)
Servo arms: Pilot-Rc 1,6″ Aluminium arms (included with Pilot-Rc servos)
References: Oracover 21-033, 21-091, 21-071 / Ultracote HANU872, HANU881, HANU874.