PowerBox Sensor 5.9v - 6310
Since 2003 there has been a name for dual security in minimum space: PowerBox Sensor!
The PowerBox Sensor is probably the best-known product in the PowerBox portfolio. The two voltage regulators allow it to be used for virtually any application where double security is required in conjunction with modern battery technology. The unit's small physical size and low weight make it very simple to install in any small to medium-sized model.
The PowerBox Sensor provides genuine redundancy in the power supply system, and is in no way inferior to its big brothers in terms of security, as it features two integral, completely independent regulatory and switching systems. Other comparable products available commercially boast of duplication, but this always simply refers to the number of batteries connected to the system. Our backer is actually fitted with two micro-controllers, two regulatory circuits, two switch circuits and a dual voltage monitoring circuit.
In order to be able to use modern battery types such as LiPo and LiFePo, the two integral regulators reduce the battery voltage to 5.9 V, which is the correct value for 6 V servos. The unit is also a good choice for capping the voltage of 5S NiMH packs at 5.9 V, as the voltage of these batteries can be excessive when fully charged. Regulating the voltage extends the useful life of the servos, and ensures constant servo torque and transit speed - regardless of the state of charge of the batteries.
Two tri-colour LEDs indicate the state of charge of the batteries in four stages. The backer also includes a minimum voltage memory which stores the lowest voltage value which occurs during a flight, enabling the pilot to monitor his batteries more accurately. After the flight the minimum value can be read from the LEDs by pressing buttons I and II.
As an option the PowerBox Sensor can also be supplied with an output voltage of 7.4 V for HV systems. On the battery side two different connector systems are available: Uni or MPX types.
- double-regulated output voltages for receivers and servos
- 5.9V output voltage
- Separate voltage display for each battery
- Minimum value memory alerts the user to voltage collapses
- Support for three battery types: LiPo, NiMH / NiCd, LiFePo
- Suppression of any servo feedback currents which may occur
- Operating voltage 4.0V - 9.0V
- Power supply 2S LiPo, 2S LiIon, 2S LiFePo, 5S NiCd/NiMH
- Current drain Power-on state 30mA
- Current drain Standby 5ÂµA
- Maximum load current Peak 2x4A
- Drop-out voltage 0.3V
- Output voltage 5.9V regulated
- Dimensions 65 x 23 x 26 mm
- Weight 35g
- Temperature range -30Â°C to +75Â°C